Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship at Technische Universitat Dresden in Germany aims for the excellent handling of the entire field of water with its several aspects. Each student will be enabled to cope with future professional demands within research and practice worldwide.
The Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship especially addresses students from developing and transitional countries due to the specific problems occurring there,i.e. limited drinking water and raw water resources as well as the devastating impacts of hydrologic extremes like droughts or flood disasters connected with heavy erosions.
In addition, the Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship meets international standards required to pursue and develop careers within national and international administrations and organizations. The scholarship will lay the basics for engagement in development and consultation agencies,head the operation of water management systems, and contribute to transdisciplinary research tasks within the whole field of hydro sciences.
However, when the course started for the first time, in the winter semester of 2004/05, students from China, Indonesia, Nepal, and Germany registered. In the winter semester of 2006/07 students from China, Uganda, Sudan, Indonesia, Pakistan, Brazil, Greece, Spain, Kazakhstan, and Germany enrolled for the master’s course.Over the years the number of candidates has continued to grow by showing both the high profile and the international perception of the course. Typically, the course starts with several about 20 international participants representing some 60 to 80% of all attending students.
On October 5, 1961, the GDR government decided to rename the university to its current name, Technische Universität Dresden (Latin: Universitas litterarum et technicarum Dresdensis ). Kurt Schwabe became the first university rector.At that time, there were about eight faculties with 10,741 enrolled students, of which 4% were foreigners.
During this time, an attempt was made to set up aircraft construction in the GDR with the 152 aircraft prototype developed in Dresden. After the tests were discontinued at the end of the 1950s, senior engineer Brunolf Baade was able to continue his basic research as director of the Institute for lightweight construction at the university.
Moreover, the historical structure of the faculties was as good as dissolved in 1968 as part of the third higher education reform in the GDR, and 22 newly founded sections with scientific areas and institutes took their place.
The newly formed Scientific Council, which was subdivided into faculties, was responsible for the execution of doctorates, honorary doctorates, and research achievements. The implementation of the higher education reform which was improved at the government level was led in Dresden by Rector Lieselott Herforth; the nuclear physicist was the first rector (woman as rector) at a German university.
In 1986 the Engineering College Dresden(IHD) joined with the TU Dresden and together with Section 8 – Computer Science – formed the computer science center of the higher education system in the GDR, from which the Faculty of Computer Science came up at the end of 1990.
Worth of Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship
The Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship is Fully Funded.
Eligibility for Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship
The application for Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship implies a degree in Natural Sciences or Civil Engineering: a Bachelor’s degree for international students.Scholars from German Universities may join the Hydro Science and Engineering Master program after their 6th semester (3rd year). Note that the admission depends on a qualified Pre-Diploma (Vordiplom) and successful 3rd-year results.
Graduates from a (German) Fachhochschule can apply for the scholarship.The scholarship is held in English; non-native speakers must display competence in English with a test showing their very good upper intermediate level (level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages CEFR).
Documents Required for Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship
- A formal application to determine aptitude for the Master’s degree program in HydroScience and Engineering.
- An officially authenticated photocopy of your higher education entrance qualification (Abitur, Baccalaureate, School-Leaving Certificate, O- and A-Levels, etc.), which includes a list of grades and a scale (minimum to pass, maximum achievable).Plus an officially authenticated photocopy of the English translation of your higher education entrance qualification certificate (if the original was issued in a language other than German or English), completed with a list of grades and the corresponding scale (minimum to pass, maximum achievable).
- An officially authenticated photocopy of your university degree certificates, an English translation of your university degree certificate(s) (if the original was issued in a language other than German or English), completed with a list of grades and the corresponding scale (minimum to pass, maximum achievable).Please note that if your university supplies you with transcripts or mark sheets, please include an original or an authenticated copy. A transcript or mark sheet is a list of subjects studied and the grades obtained.
- To apply for the scholarship, you need a certificate demonstrating proficiency in English: English language certificates showing proof of C1-level according to the European Reference Framework are considered.
- CV which includes educational background and professional career and a Letter of Motivation to join HSE.
How to Apply for Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship
Applicants with a foreign university degree (e.g. Bachelor’s) have to apply through uni-assist and it must be done online. Also, all application documents have to be uploaded by the deadline.Applicants with a German university degree (e.g. Bachelor’s) have to apply through SELMA the application portal of TU Dresden.
- Applicants for the DAAD scholarship should send all required documents to TU Dresden, Dept. Hydrosciences, HSE, Dr. Hahn-Bernhofer, 01062 Dresden, GERMANY.
If you are interested in the scholarship and eligible, click here.
Application Deadline for Hydro Science and Engineering Scholarship
The application deadline for the scholarship is October 15, 2022.