The GRTA International Studentships is a sponsorship program by Birmingham City University to help curious students explore and progress further in their present research interests. If you are interested, apply right away for the 2022/2023 academic year. The program is accessible to students from any country. The award allows PhD level program(s) in the area of Social Work taught at Birmingham City University. The closing date of the award is 10th of Dec, 2021.
This award is accessible for UK, EU and overseas candidates. Applicants with international fee status will be expected to meet the difference in fee costs from their funds. Nominated PhD scholars will be granted an allowance of £11,707 per year for about two years.
Birmingham City University – About
Birmingham City University is the 2nd largest of 5 universities in the city. It is an institution of higher education categorized 1001st in QS World University Rankings by Top Universities. It is enthusiastic about leading university for creative and professional practice motivated by invention and investigation. It was formed as a polytechnic in the year 1971 and attained university status in the year 1992.
Why Birmingham City University? Birmingham City University provides courses to groom students to be more employable and has transformed their campuses to offer the finest possible learning environment. The school has three major campuses serving four faculties, and runs courses in business, art and design, the built environment, education, computing, engineering, English, law, the performing arts, healthcare, social sciences, and technology.
Application Deadline: December 10th, 2021
GRTA International Studentships – Summary
- Awarding Institution: Birmingham City University
- Department: School of Education and Social Work
- Study Level:PhD
- Award Value: £11,707
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: Domestic and International
- Location: UK
Eligibility for GRTA International Studentships
To be eligible for GRTA International Studentships, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: UK,EU and scholars from other countries abroad are fit to apply for the program.
- Eligible Courses: PhD program offered at the School of Education and Social Work of BCU can be applied for.
- The entrants must have submitted and displayed acceptable progress in their PhD research.
Benefits of GRTA International Studentships
Beneficiaries of GRTA International Studentships will be offered the benefits below:
- Selected applicants will be offered a sum of £11,707 per year for about 2 years of PhD study at BCU.
- This 4 year (48 month) full-time fully-financed GRTA Studentship encompasses two elements:
- 0.75 tax-free allowance of £11,707 per year (paid once-a-month). The bursary is renewable yearly for about 48 months in total, depending how satisfactory your progress is within your PhD research.
- 0.25 fixed term contract of employment (Assistant Lecturer) – renewable for about 48 months in total, depending on your satisfactory performance and progress in your PhD research. The pro rata salary for 2021-22 is £7,708 (paid once-a-month).
How to Apply for GRTA International Studentships
To avail GRTA International Studentships, please visit the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: Applicants are expected to fill out their online application and make sure that they state the project reference GRTA-ESW-ISLAM on their proposal form.
- Necessary Documents: The applicants are expected to submit a research proposal and personal statement.
- Admission Prerequisites: Applicants have to meet the course-specific requirements of the Birmingham City University.
- Language Prerequisites: The applicants have to submit scores of the English language proficiency tests below:
- IELTS – 5.5 to 7.0
- TOEFL iBT 95
NOTE: While you apply, please fill out an online application. Applicants are required to upload a research proposal in place of a personal statement. It will explain their ideas about the chosen project topic and how it might be studied. Please make sure you mention the project reference GRTA-ESW-ISLAM on your proposal form.
To inquire further about GRTA International Studentships, please visit the official webpage.