AJI PhD Studentship in History, Diplomacy, and Grand Strategy application is ongoing at Kings College London. In this article, We will be discussing the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility, and the application process.
The AJI PhD Studentship in History, Diplomacy, and Grand Strategy is offered for a PhD degree. King’s college London is a public research university situated in London, United Kingdom, and a formation college and member institution of the federal University of London. King’s was recognized in 1829 by King George IV and Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, when it received its first royal charter (as a university college – however, the roots of King’s medical school, St. Thomas, date back to the 16th century with recorded first teaching in 1561).
King’s is one of the ancient universities in England. In 1836, King’s became one of the two founding colleges of the University of London. In the late 20th century, King’s grew through a series of mergers, including with Queen Elizabeth College and Chelsea College of Science and Technology (in 1985), the Institute of Psychiatry (in 1997), the United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals and the Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery (in 1998).
King’s has five campuses: its historic Strand Campus in central London, three other Thames-side campuses (Guy’s, St Thomas’, and Waterloo) clos,e and one in Denmark Hill in south London. It also has a company in Shriven ham for its specialized military education and in new quay, Cornwall, where its information service center is based. In 2019/20, King’s had a total income of £964.3 million, of which £200.5 million was from research scholarships and contracts.
It has the fourth main donation of any university in the United Kingdom and the largest of any in London. It is the 12th largest university in the United Kingdom by total employment. Its academic activities are prepared into nine faculties, which are subdivided into numerous departments, centers, and research divisions.
The Strand Campus houses the arts and science faculties of King’s, comprising the faculties of Arts & Humanities, Law, Business, Social Science & Public Policy, and Natural & Mathematical Sciences (formerly Physical Sciences & Engineering). It also houses the Office of the President and Principal.
Since 2010, the campus has prolonged rapidly to join the East Wing of Somerset House and the Virginia Woolf Building next to LSE on Kingsway. On 10 March 2015, King’s learned a 50-year lease for the Aldwych Quarter site with the historic grand Bush House building. It began the profession of the Bush House Building in September 2016, occupying the adjacent King House and Strand House from 2017, and will occupy Melbourne House from 2025. In October 2016, King’s proclaimed it had also booked a separate 50-year lease on the North-West Block from 2018.
Worth of AJI PhD Studentship in History, Diplomacy, and Grand Strategy
The studentship shields:
- Tuition fees at home and international level
- A yearly stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2021/22, this was set at £17,609)
- Supplementary paid teaching/ research opportunities may arise.
Eligibility for AJI PhD Studentship in History, Diplomacy, and Grand Strategy
Candidates for AJI PhD Studentship in History, Diplomacy, and Grand Strategy must have a master’s degree with high merit, and a 2:1 honors degree at the bachelor’s level in history or a related discipline.
How to Apply for AJI PhD Studentship in History, Diplomacy, and Grand Strategy
To apply for AJI PhD Studentship in History, Diplomacy, and Grand Strategy, Kindly submit the following:
- A letter of interest of up to three pages in length demonstrating your interest in conducting historically-minded research on statecraft and strategy within the international cohort of the Ax: son Johnson Institute for Statecraft and Diplomacy (AJI), and outlining your background, interest, and research skills, showing how you satisfy the necessities described above.
- A thorough research proposal in political/diplomatic/military history, grand strategy, security studies, and/or strategic studies. This proposal should contain a clearly articulated central research question(s) and methodology. It should validate your strong fit for the AJI program, by indicating the connections you would seek to build within the Centre for Grand Strategy and the partner institutions.
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- A writing sample of no more than 20 pages.
- Names and contact information for two academic referees. You are encouraged to inform your referees that they may be contacted during the shortlisting process and asked to provide a letter of reference.
Application Deadline for AJI PhD Studentship in History, Diplomacy, and Grand Strategy
The application deadline for this scholarship is May 9, 2022.